PhD – how am I doing?
2 & 3 September 2021, University of Neuchâtel
Organizing committe 2021 : Estelle Bruni (University of Neuchâtel), Clément Duckert (University of Neuchâtel), Sarah Semeraro (University of Neuchâtel) & Dr Pauline Fritsch-Maury (University of Neuchâtel).
Pursuing a PhD is a challenge that is both highly stimulating and rewarding: we put lots of effort into becoming autonomous scientists recognized by our peers while also developing other aspects of our life and skills.
But a PhD can also be emotionally and physically straining, sometimes to a point where the excitement of research is eclipsed by grief and exhaustion.
Periods of turbulence are to be expected during a PhD, especially during a pandemic. However, much of it can be managed with the right mindset and the right tools.
This meeting will be held over two days:
- The first half-day will be dedicated to the scientific part with talks and posters during which you will be able to present your work and engage with your colleagues.
- During the second day dedicated to our mental welfare, we will explore the tools available to keep a positive mindset during PhD and take care of ourselves during this exciting, but also often challenging adventure. A round table will be organized with a coach to address different questions on mental health and self-confidence during the PhD.
- Students socialization and getting to know about the wide variety of research projects being carried out in our doctoral program!
- Get to know about tools and strategies for keeping a good mental health and self-confidence during the PhD.
- To discuss together and share about the PhD experience within our doctoral program in a friendly and safe environment.
You must be logged in to post a comment.